Get that Linux feeling - on Windows
Mirror Sites as of 2015-03-27 00:47 UTC
The following sites have generously agreed to mirror our main Cygwin ftp site. To save on download time, please choose a mirror site near you when selecting a mirror when using setup.exe to install or update Cygwin.
Note: We automatically poll the mirror list on a regular basis to ensure that sites have the latest Cygwin packages available. The list of sites below reflects all of the sites who appear to have up-to-date copies of the Cygwin release area.
- China: mirrors.163.com(http), mirrors.neusoft.edu.cn(http), mirrors.ustc.edu.cn(http)
- Hong Kong: mirror.pkill.info(http)
- Iran: cygwin.asis.io(http), cygwin.asis.io(rsync)
- Israel: mirror.isoc.org.il(http)
- Japan: ftp.iij.ad.jp(ftp), ftp.jaist.ac.jp(ftp), ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp(ftp), mirrors.go-parts.com(ftp), ftp.iij.ad.jp(http), ftp.jaist.ac.jp(http), ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp(http), mirrors.go-parts.com(http)
- Russia: mirrors-ru.go-parts.com(ftp), mirrors-ru.go-parts.com(http), mirrors-ru.go-parts.com(rsync)
- Singapore: download.nus.edu.sg(http)
- Austria: gd.tuwien.ac.at(ftp), mirror.easyname.at(ftp), gd.tuwien.ac.at(http), mirror.easyname.at(http), mirror.easyname.at(rsync)
- France: mirrors.chauf.net(http)
- Germany: artfiles.org(ftp), ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de(ftp), ftp.gwdg.de(ftp), ftp.hawo.stw.uni-erlangen.de(ftp), ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de(ftp), artfiles.org(http), cygwin.cybermirror.org(http), ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de(http), ftp.gwdg.de(http), ftp.hawo.stw.uni-erlangen.de(http), ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de(http), linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de(http), ftp.gwdg.de(rsync), ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de(rsync)
- Greece: ftp.ntua.gr(ftp)
- Hungary: ftp.fsn.hu(ftp), ftp.fsn.hu(http)
- Ireland: ftp.heanet.ie(ftp), ftp.heanet.ie(http)
- Italy: bo.mirror.garr.it(ftp), bo.mirror.garr.it(http)
- Netherlands: ftp.snt.utwente.nl(ftp), ftp.snt.utwente.nl(http), ftp.snt.utwente.nl(rsync)
- Norway: cygwin.uib.no(ftp), cygwin.uib.no(http), cygwin.uib.no(rsync)
- Poland: ftp.piotrkosoft.net(ftp), piotrkosoft.net(http)
- Portugal: ftp.rnl.tecnico.ulisboa.pt(ftp), mirrors.fe.up.pt(ftp), ftp.rnl.tecnico.ulisboa.pt(http), mirrors.fe.up.pt(http), mirrors.fe.up.pt(rsync)
- Switzerland: mirror.switch.ch(ftp), mirror.switch.ch(http)
- UK: ftp.mirrorservice.org(ftp), mirrors-uk.go-parts.com(ftp), cygwin.mirror.uk.sargasso.net(http), mirrors-uk.go-parts.com(http), www.mirrorservice.org(http), mirrors-uk.go-parts.com(rsync)
- Ukraine: cygwin.ip-connect.vn.ua(ftp)
- Latin America:
- United States:
- California: mirrors.sonic.net(ftp), mirrors.kernel.org(http), mirrors.sonic.net(http), mirrors.kernel.org(rsync)
- Georgia: ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu(ftp), www.gtlib.gatech.edu(http), rsync.gtlib.gatech.edu(rsync)
- Idaho: mirrors.syringanetworks.net(ftp), mirrors.syringanetworks.net(http), mirrors.syringanetworks.net(rsync)
- Illinois: mirror.steadfast.net(ftp), mirror.steadfast.net(http), mirror.team-cymru.org(http), mirror.team-cymru.org(rsync)
- Michigan: mirror.nexcess.net(ftp), lug.mtu.edu(http), mirror.nexcess.net(http)
- Missouri: mirrors.koehn.com(http)
- New Jersey: cygwin.mirror.constant.com(http), cygwin.refractal.net(http)
- Oregon: cygwin.osuosl.org(ftp), mirrors-usa.go-parts.com(ftp), cygwin.osuosl.org(http), mirrors-usa.go-parts.com(http), mirrors-usa.go-parts.com(rsync), rsync.osuosl.org(rsync)
- Pennsylvania: cygwin.mirrors.pair.com(ftp), cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com(http), cygwin.mirrors.pair.com(http)
- Utah: mirrors.xmission.com(ftp), mirrors.xmission.com(http), mirrors.xmission.com(rsync)
- Virginia: mirror.cs.vt.edu(ftp), mirror.cs.vt.edu(http)
- Wisconsin: sourceware.mirrors.tds.net(http)
If you would like to be added to this list of available mirrors then send email to sourcemaster at this site. sourcemaster is a mailing list on this site. You really can send email to it. However, when you send your mesage, remember that this site does not accept html-formatted email.
When asking to be added, please provide contact information, the URL of the mirror, and location of the mirror. Location should be provided similarly to what is listed in the site list. Make sure that your mirror rsyncs directly from cygwin.com at least twice a day. If your mirror site has up-to-date content, once it is added, it will show up here automatically.
Please do not send questions asking how to set up a mirror. We don't provide technical support for setting up mirrors. Sorry.
The mirror list is automatically maintained. This means that only active mirrors are listed. There is no hand-editing of the list. It is maintained by a program. So, if your site was dropped from the list it means that a program has determined that the files on your site are not up-to-date. Unless your site has been out of date for (currently) 100 runs of the program, it will be re-added automatically when it becomes current. So, if you see that your site has been dropped from the mirrors list do not panic. There is no need to contact anyone about this.
Given the granularity of checking, it is possible that your site will be polled after a package update on cygwin.com but before your site has pulled the update. So, it is expected that from, time-to-time, your site may fall off the mirror list temporarily. If your mirror site has not been listed for a day or so that means that some cygwin packages on your site are not current. Check the cygwin-announce archives for announcements about recent package updates and ensure that your site has those packages. Once your site has the recent packages it will be re-added automatically.