Re: Tasks

Tom Tromey wrote:
* Exceptions. Look at the existing longjmp stuff, come up with an
estimate for the new work. Also look at the current state of the
various "catch" commands, maybe look though gnats to see if anything
is known to be broken.

For no particular reason, I'll volunteer too research this one. Some casual reading indicates some support for C++ exception handling in GDB with some interesting caveats:

- If you call a function interactively (I guess via inferior function calls) and that function raises an exception, control may not be returned at the end of that function. (And I guess control not returned until a signal is delivered or another random breakpoint encountered).
- You cannot install an exception handler, or raise an exception in an interactive session.

These are all widely reported as issues. Though one should note (quite rightly) that I know nothing about raising exception in C++ other than as "regular" C++ programmer, and know nothing about how they are handled in GDB right now. So my first question is why these limitations exist. And if they are fixable. I'll take a look at existing gnats pr's next week.

Regards

Phil