Re: 'catch syscall' Status

Sérgio Durigan Júnior wrote:
Hello everybody,

As some of you may know, I am working with Thiago and the GDB team here
in LTC Brazil. Yesterday, Thiago and I wrote this piece of text
explaining in a few words what's the status of the 'catch syscall'
feature (to be implemented). Hope you enjoy it.

Feature: 'catch syscall'

There is a prototype of this already implemented [1], but unfortunately
the submitter seems to have disappeared in the dust.

The work can be divided in two basic parts:

1. Get notification when the inferior enters and/or leaves a syscall

What would be really useful - perhaps as "phase 2" is: catch syscall <name>. catch syscall without a user-defined filter of syscalls would stop the inferior a bit too often, imo. Maybe this is already implied in the work above.

This is a feature I have been looking forward too for a long time, so glad to see it being thought about/worked on.

Regards

Phil