Re: Branch merging for demo

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:16:47 +0100, Rick Moseley wrote:
> Pulled archer-tromey-python branch, compiled and tested with these results:
>
> === gdb Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            12739
> # of unexpected failures        240
> # of expected failures          42
> # of known failures             56
> # of unresolved testcases       11
> # of untested testcases         2
> # of unsupported tests          51
>
> Merged the archer-pmuldoon-exception-rewind branch, compiled and tested
> with these results:
>

>                === gdb Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            12754
> # of unexpected failures        143
> # of expected failures          42
> # of known failures             56
> # of unresolved testcases       11
> # of untested testcases         2
> # of unsupported tests          51

Please note comparing the counts is not enough for a regressions verification.
Some of the GDB testcases still have flipping results and some real
regressions had effect on a single testcase so the total count does not say
much.  Recommending to diff the gdb.sum files (doing so by hand).

> At this point the test totally hung my system as it had consumed all of
> my memory and cpu time.  I had to do a power-off to get my system back.

FYI after crashing my machine several times :-) using now $HOME/bin/runtest:
	#! /bin/sh
	#sync
	ulimit -v 500000
	ulimit -c unlimited