Re: Meeting Agenda 2009-01-07

Tom Tromey wrote:
> Our first meeting of the new year is tomorrow.
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. Welcome back.
> 2. Update on a couple tasks - the demo and the 6 month review
> 3. Individual status
>
> Tom
>
>  8:30 am Pacific
>  9:30 am Mountain
> 11:30 am Eastern

I'll try to make it, but I'm getting at CT scan on a broken rib* at 0945
and if that runs late I might not be home by 1130.

But, in case anyone's interested, the latest on froggy/archer is that
I've tinkered configure.ac to accept a new option
--with-froggy[=$FROGGY_DIR] and, if the triple is i686-pc-linux-gnu, use
a new config file gdb/config/i386/linux-froggy.mh instead of
.../linux.mh.  linux-froggy.mh contains a bunch of make dependencies
that include all the ptrace()/waitpid()/signal() stuff.  I've basically
nulled out those files and am replacing all the non-static entry points
with stuff that uses libfroggy.so, hacking new capabilities into froggy
as needed.

* I've been teaching my kids karate for a few years and over the
holidays one of them managed to land a kick that actually hurt.  And
kept on hurting.  After a week I went down to the local doc-in-a-box and
got a chest x-ray.  The little &^%&^%&* had broken one of my ribs!  And
the broken end had kinda badly gouged up stuff, possibly resulting in a
pneumothorax, which is what the CT is supposed to determine.  Depending
on that, I'll probably be out for a few hours tomorrow afternoon for a
bit of laparoscopic surgery to fix the damage.  Moral of the story:  If
you teach your kids karate, stop before they get better than you are.

--
Chris Moller

  I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but
  I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      -- Robert McCloskey