git tip

Hi,

Perhaps everyone else knows about this except me, but I thought it would
be useful to share anyway:

To avoid having to type that big remote branch name when you are pushing
to your branch in the archer repo, you can set a default refspec to push
to when you don't specify anything to 'git push'. Just edit .git/config,
and add a line like this to the [remote "origin"] section:

  push = <local branch name>:<remote branch name>

In my case this would be:

  push = python:archer-tromey-python

So now instead of writing:

% git push origin python:archer-tromey-python

I can just type:

% git push

I don't know yet if you can add multiple push entries in .git/config to
create multiple branch mappings, but perhaps you can.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann