Re: Crash when casting a gdb.Value

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Ward <richard.j.ward1@googlemail.com> writes:

Richard> Found a reproducible crash in the project archer python branch.

Thanks.  I'll look at the patch soon; I want to check to see if the
other calls to value_to_value_object are safe.

Richard> It would seem nicer if value_to_value_object could track
Richard> whether a value its being passed is already tracked, and
Richard> increment the refcount if it was, but that would require
Richard> either extra space or extra time.

Yeah, I have also considered adding reference counting to struct value.
That would eliminate the need for any value copying in the Python code.

Tom