Calling -enable-pretty-printing without modifying the GUI frontend

Hello,

This applies to the archer-tromey-python branch - I don't know if it
applies to other branches.

A command -enable-pretty-printing was added, for
backward-compatibility reasons, which is needed to let MI commands be
affected by pretty-printers.

My question is whether there's a way to automatically enable pretty
printing without the frontend calling the command - for example, it
would be nice if I could add it to the gdbinit file. I have to work
with a not very new version of kdevelop as a gdb frontend, and
recompiling it is not an option. I would prefer not to use a special
branch of gdb which has pretty printers enabled by default.

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Noam