Re: gdb index performance

Jan> Wasn't there a problem with incomplete backtraces (due to prelink) such as
Jan> shown at the top of:
Jan> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2010-06/msg00515.html

For the abiword (PPC) case I manually checked the backtraces and it all
seemed reasonable enough.

Ugh, I looked at the x86 case and it turns out I need a merge from
master to pick up some unhandled DWARF operators.  Sorry about that.

>> The warm cache "bt" results are particularly good (actually I thought
>> something went wrong so I did this again by hand -- it really is that
>> fast)

Jan> Just to be sure - assuming the machine had enough RAM.  # of CPUs?

The PPC box has 2 CPUs.  It seems to have a lot of memory (3G).

The x86 box is my laptop, 1 CPU.  It has 1G of RAM.

Tom