libiberty...

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions about libiberty.  I am using a CVS tree I
checked out this morning.

When I build libiberty on x86 or ARM Linux it builds .o files without
-fpic in libiberty, and -o files with -fpic in libiberty/pic.  It builds
libiberty.a using the .o files in libiberty, but makes no use of the .o
files in libiberty/pic.  Should it build a shared library as well?

I ask, because, when we build Mozilla on a NetWinder, it fails to run
because one of the shared libraries links with -liberty.  Since the code
it links against is in libiberty.a (compiled without -fpic) the shared
library won't load.  The dynamic linker cannot handle the R_ARM_PC24
relocs in the library.

I also noticed the number of files in the REQUIRED_OFILES seems to
include some functionality that appears in GLIBC 2.1.2.  Offhand,
strerror.o, getopt.o, obstack*.o pop into mind.  Should these be
included in libiberty if on a system using GLIBC 2.1.x?  Perhaps they
are different?

Scott

--
Scott Bambrough - Software Engineer