Re: Updates to common.h for Oct 4, 1999 Draft of ELF ABI.

Hi Guys,

  OK I have now applied this patch.

: From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com>
:
: Note that elf/mips.h defines some STO_ values which
: should probably be defined in terms of ELF_ST_ values.

I have also checked in an update to elf.h to do this.

Note - I looked at bfd/elf32-mips.c and noticed that it is using the
st_other field without using the new ELF_ST_* macros (surprise
surprise).  Since this code is (presumably) working I decided not to
fix something that is not broken.  In the future, however, it may
become necessray to add the use of these macros.

: From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
:
: The MIPS psABI specifies the value of EM_MIPS as 8 and doesn't even
: mention the EM_MIPS_RS4_BE field (10).  I think the latter is an
: ancient brainfart which somehow just got resurected.  There is no
: sense in adding another MIPS value for e_machine as the differenciation
: between big and little endian MIPS can be made based on
: e_ident[EI_DATA] etc.

Well I left the EM_MIPS_RS... definitions in the common.h header file,
but I added a comment /* depreciated */ to remind people that they are
not really needed any more.

Cheers
	Nick