Re: binutils v2.9.1.0.24 configure errors with bash v1.14.7 and lex warnings

On 20 May 1999, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> No GNU or Cygnus configure script ever had a --export-dynamic option.  It
> is matched by the --ex* pattern in the option parsing switch in the
> toplevel configure script, which is then interpreted as --exec-prefix.
>
> --

That may be the case, and I see the configure script doesn't have a
case statement for --export-dynamic. However, the subdirectory
binutils-2.9.1.0.24/ld   has two files. The first file "README" mentions
the --export-dynamic. The second data file is the man page ld.1.

Now, that some time has passed, I believe I misinterpreted the
--export-dynamic as an option to the configure script, but in reality
it is an option to the "ld" utility. This utility is used *after* the
binutils tools have been compiled, and installed. So looks like a mistake
on my part. I perceived that all READMEs had to do with the making of
binutils. :)

MIke