Re: DJGPP and alignment

   Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:23:59 -0600
   From: Donn Terry <donn@verinet.com>

   In the case of .ctors and .dtors, I think Ian is
   right to characterize
   the zeros as "unsightly".  For  .idata and .pdata, they're catastrophic.

Just for the record, I was being facetious.  Zeroes are also
catastrophic in .ctors and .dtors.  The code in gcc's crtbegin file
will call each address in the .ctors section.  If there is a zero
there, it will wind up jumping to the zero address.

Ian