Re: Patch: more new instructions for PA2.0

  In message <199908111943.MAA18169@cygnus.com>you write:
  > This patch adds a bunch of new instructions and pa2.0 syntax for existing
  > instructions.
  >
  > --
  > Jerry Quinn                             Tel: (514) 761-8737
  > jquinn@nortelnetworks.com               Fax: (514) 761-8505
  > Speech Recognition Research
  >

  > ChangeLog entry:
  >
  > Wed Aug 11 15:21:27 EDT 1999  Jerry Quinn
  >
  >     * hppa.h:  Document new completers and args.
  >     * hppa.h (pa_opcodes):  Add 64 bit patterns and pa2.0 syntax for uxor,
  >     uaddcm, dcor, addi, add, sub, subi, shladd, rfi, and probe.  Add pa2.0
  >     extensions for ssm, rsm, pdtlb, pitlb.  Add performance instructions
  >     pmenb and pmdis.
  >     * tc-hppa.c (pa_ip):  Absorb white space in instructions between args.
  >     Add new completers.  Fix bug in 64 bit condition handling.
  >     * hppa-dis.c (MASK_10, read_write_names, add_compl_names,
  >     extract_10U_store):  New.
  >     (print_insn_hppa):  Add new completers.
  >
  >     * hppa/basic/add.s,addi.s,dcor.s,shladd.s,sub.s,subi.s,unit.s:  Add new
  >     syntax versions of instructions to tests.
  >     * hppa/basic/add2.s,dcor2.s,perf.s,purge2.s,shladd2.s,sub2.s,system2.s,
  >     unit2.s:  New tests.
  >     * hppa/basic/basic.exp: Add new tests.
This is quite a bit larger than what I would prefer to see.  It would have
been a lot easier to deal with had you broken it up a little.  For example
one patch for the unit stuff, another for normal arithmetic and another for
system/performance stuff.

The patch is also out of date in some respects.  For example, I fixed the 64bit
condition bug mentioned and "fixed" in this patch back on August 6th (right
after installing your rough 64bit code).

It was also out of date with some of the opcodes in the opcode table.  Not
sure if I missed a patch or something, but there your patch has references
to instructions which are not in the opcode table in the CVS tree.

Anyway, I *think* I've untangled this patch and managed to get it installed.

jeff