Re: powerpc-eabi-ld bug

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Popov <ppopov@redcreek.com> writes:
Peter> I'm using a powerpc-eabi cross compiler which I built
Peter> from gcc-2.95.2 and binutils-2.9.1.

Peter> The problem I'm running into is that gnu ld  is giving the same
Peter> exact address  to two distinctly  separate sbss variables which
Peter> reside in different  files.  The  names  of  the variables  are
Peter> different and I'm clueless as to what the problem might be.

We encountered the same problem (unique variables being allocated in
overlapping memory regions) with binutils-2.9.1 as well.  I upgraded
our binutils to the one in the sourceware repository on October 12th,
1999 (going by the import tag in our repository), and the problem was
fixed.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin