Re: Binutils repository freeze is (finally!) over

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 08:04:51PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Jason Molenda wrote:
>
> > newcvsroot :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src binutils binutils-src
>
> Hmm.  I found I needed an extra `/src'

You know, the sad thing is that I knew that.  :-)

I tested the command a couple of times before I sent it along, and I
knew that I'd have to use the extra src.  But I seem to have sent the
incorrect one anyway.

The correct command is

  newcvsroot :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src src binutils-src

Where "binutils-src" is whatever the name of your checked out binutils
tree is (chances are it is just "binutils").

In case anyone is wondering about the "/cvs/src/src" pathname, it's
intentional.  The repository name is "src" because there will be a number
of different things in there.  The top-level directory in this repository
is also called "src" for the same reason.  Maybe I shouldn't have done
that, it is a little non-obvious.  Then again, this is no different
from the previous repository; it was in /cvs/binutils and the top level
directory was called "binutils".

Here is an easy way to browse the new repo and see what it really looks like:

	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi?cvsroot=src

Jason