Re: Patch to allow targets to prevent inlining

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Nick Clifton wrote:

> Well it would be nice to have it as a standard attribute, but at the
> moment only two back ends that I know of actually use it (ARM and
> MCore).  Besides, just because it wouldn't be needed for naked
> functions any more, there is no reason to suppose that individual
> targets might not have other reasons for suppressing inlining.

Other than glibc, this will be very useful for x86-windows as well.
Yeah, I know that Nick's patch doesn't help here, but it'd be nice
to have it as a backend attribute. My current code essentially
duplicate what Nick has here (and I'd love to have Nick fix it for
all targets ;-).

Regards,
Mumit