Re: New member of the Dutch team

Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> writes:

> When and if we start a release cycle, release snapshots will be available
> from the web page.

I hope some precise URL could be used and published.  It has to be gettable
with a batch process.  (I would not have the time to do all fetches by hand,
it has to be fairly automated at this end.)

> For better or worse, a binutils release has six POT files.  After all,
> the binutils include both several independent programs and a couple
> of libraries.

I will then have to manage with this situation, when the time comes.
Foresee some time for me to react, when you will be ready.  I hope you use
"reasonable" textual domain names for all your POT files, in the line of
what is being done everywhere else.

Best is still to have a single POT file when possible.  Common LISP is our
biggest so far (if I remember correctly), and `bash' is not the smallest
either, and still, a single POT is sufficient.  Gnome is going to require
many, and when the time of Emacs will come, it will have to be split, too.
I do not remember that `binutils' is especially big, message-wise.

The Translation Project was able to maintain some nomenclature uniformity
until now.  This is possible with the collaboration of all parties involved.