Re: Seeking from the end of the file in the bfd library

   Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:12:35 +0000 (GMT)
   From: David Welch <david.welch@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>

   I'm working on adding support to gdb for debugging executables produced by
   the Oxford Oberon compiler. The executable format generated by this
   compiler has the header at the end of the file. But in the version of the
   bfd library included with gdb 4.18, seeking from the end of the file isn't
   supported. Is this restriction relaxed in later versions or are there any
   workarounds? I'm not interested in supporting this executable format
   embedded in archives.

The workaround is to use bfd_stat to determine the size of the file,
and compute from there.

bfd_stat doesn't work for archive elements either.  But I think we
could make it work if we wanted too.

Ian