Re: Error in readelf...

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 03:09:02PM -0700, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> : To be honest, I'm not sure this is a bug in readelf, or it is exposing a bug in
> : one of the other tools or bfd.  It doesn't seem to be ARM specific however.
> :
> : readelf -s /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA
> :
> : The program starts to dump its output and dies with the following error:
> :
> : readelf: Error: Unable to seek to e5ac3c48 for version need aux (3)
>
> : I had a breakpoint on the call to error in GET_DATA.  When it stopped I got the
> : following results on my NetWinder:
> :
> : (gdb) p vna_off
> : $18 = 0xe5ac3c48
> : (gdb) p offset
> : $19 = 0x26fcc
> : (gdb) p ivn.vn_aux
> : $20 = 0x10
> :
> : These numbers make no sense to me.  I currently distrust my debugger as I'm also
> : actively debugging it.
>
> Actually the problem is with the vna_next field being added to vna_off
> at the end of the loop:

I checked in this patch:

2000-04-04  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>

        * readelf.c (process_symbol_table): Correctly read in symbol
        versioning information.

to fix the problem. It looks like a cut and paste bug. You can
find similar code in 2 other places, around line 3789 and line
3890. Let me know if there is any problem.

Thanks.

H.J.