Re: xgettext

On 4 Apr 2000, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> You should refrain from calling it lame.

True.  Sorry.

>  Did you spend a single
> second thinking about the possible semantics?  It is intentionally
> left out until we have a solution with which everybody can live.

Yes, I did think about it.  My approach would be to pre-process the
source with a modified cpp.  cpp would need an option to emit line number
directives every line (except continuations), which should be easy
to implement.  Not knowing details of xgettext operation, no doubt there
are problems with my naive approach.

Regards, Alan Modra.
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.