Re: autoconf for libiberty question

   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 00 17:22:13 CDT
   From: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (Michael Sokolov)

   I have just made some portability fixes to libiberty necessary to build on
   4.3BSD and IMHO improving portability in general. Since they involve
   configure.in, I now have to regenerate configure and config.in from it. I guess
   I need autoconf, right? Which version of autoconf should I use and where should
   I get it if I want to do it right (so that I can produce a patch acceptable for
   CVS)? Is it the same version I would use for gcc and binutils components or
   different (I remember Ian Lance Taylor mentioning using a specific version of
   autoconf for all binutils pieces, leaving me wondering about gcc and
   libiberty)? I'm planning ahead as I know I'll later hack on those components
   anyway. TIA.

As far as the binutils are concerned, the master sources for libiberty
are in the gcc tree.  Therefore, the correct approach is to get the
patches into gcc and then (if necessary) move them over to the
binutils (if you don't, they will eventually be moved over in any
case).

I don't know which version of autoconf is used for gcc and libiberty.
By the looks of things, it is simply autoconf 2.13.

Ian