Re: Demangler update?

   Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:22:01 +0200
   From: Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr>

   ian@zembu.com said:
   > Using dlopen is a portability hassle, because even on systems which
   > support it you sometimes have to link against -ldl or perhaps other
   > libraries.  Not all systems have shared libraries, and of those not
   > all support dlopen.  gcc and the binutils work on a lot of systems.

   Isn't libtool supposed do deal with this for us ???

This might well be a solution.  I don't know the details about the
libtool dlopen support.  I don't know whether it works on systems
which do not support shared libraries at all.

Note that libiberty does not currently use libtool, and that as far as
I know the libtool dlopen support is not yet released.  Also,
libiberty is compiled in a limited cross configuration to provide
supporting functions for libstdc++.  Rather than cope with this, it
might be easier to lift any dynamic loading support out of libiberty.

Ian