Re: Demangler update?

On Apr 14, 2000, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> wrote:

> This might well be a solution.  I don't know the details about the
> libtool dlopen support.  I don't know whether it works on systems
> which do not support shared libraries at all.

It does.  But then, the benefit of simplifying upgrades H.J. wanted
can't be accomplished.  Using separate executables is the only way to
accomplish that.  At least, before libtool's libltdl (its portable
dlopening library) gains a self-relinking&re-exec()ing mechanism that
could be used to overcome the inability to dlopen() libraries.

> Note that libiberty does not currently use libtool, and that as far as
> I know the libtool dlopen support is not yet released.

It has been available since release 1.3.0 (the latest is 1.3.4)

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaranį, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com