Re: Demangler update?

> As I have pointed out before, it may not work every well with
> more than one version/release of C++ compilers, depending
> on how c++filt is installed. When you type "c++filt", you may
> not get the "c++filt" you want. c++filt should be installed just
> like cc1plus and invoked by g++/c++ only. However, it still
> doesn't solve the problem for gdb and binutils.

I agree. If the solution is to invoke c++filt, that could be invoked
just as well by the g++ driver, or collect2, or even by the user -
there is no need for libiberty creating new processes.

Adding new demanglers to -liberty is the right thing, IMO. However, I
dislike dynamic loading of them - this is an additional step that can
fail. You cannot easily move ld or gdb binaries around as you
currently can. The political issues of such extensibility are also a
strong reason for me to dislike it.

Regards,
Martin