Re: How to stop --gc-sections nukeing all sections?

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 05:52:06PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> But that is not what the poster who started this thread was talking
> about.  He was compiling the kernel with -ffunction-sections, so he
> had many sections with many names.  It didn't work because those
> sections didn't wind up in the expected order.

Yes, but that is hardly incriminating against the kernel developers
against whom you directed your invective.  We had .text and .fixup
in strict lock-step, and we knew it.

That someone is changing the entire build process and running into
problems is hardly surprising.

r~