Re: patch for gas: PowerPC vector unit support

Geoff> OK, since I believe we have an assignment from you (how do I find that
Geoff> out?) and we don't have one from Motorola, I'll operate assuming your
Geoff> patches will go in.

There should be a current binutils/gas/gdb assignment on file from
both me and Redback.

Geoff> The stream operand is just a constant between 0 and 3.
Geoff>
Geoff>     dss 2

I assumed that it was a simple unsigned integer; I just wanted to see
some sample code to be sure that there wasn't some syntactic sugar in
the stream identifier (s0, or s.1, or some such).  Thanks for the
confirmation.

>> +       else if (strcmp (arg, "7400") == 0)
>> +         ppc_cpu = PPC_OPCODE_PPC | PPC_OPCODE_ALTIVEC;

Geoff> Could you add an '-maltivec' option, for the benefit of people who
Geoff> aren't targetting a particular processor?

I could add a -maltivec, but in my changes -many already supports altivec.
Is a new flag really warrented?

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin