Re: GAS copyright update

In message <20000503124929.A98199@dragon.nuxi.com>, "David O'Brien" writes:
>I looked at the website, but didn't see the branching/release paradigm
>Binutils uses [...]
>
>Can you take a moment and explain it?
>
>I am in the process of updating FreeBSD's Binutils.  Typically I only use
>released code for contributed code.  However as you know the latest
>Binutils release is 1.5 years old.  I now have to figure out what to
>import from anoncvs or an FTP'ed snapshot (and what date is a stable
>Binutils).  A requirement in FreeBSD's Binutils upgrade is IA-64 support.

Ian has already explained the way branches and releases work.

IA-64 support will not be in binutils 2.10.  If you need this you will have to
use the trunk version or wait for binutils 2.11.  (I would hope that 2.11 will
be released by the end of this year, but there are obviously no promises.)  Or
you could backport the IA-64 changes to the release version yourself.

p.