Re: (Fwd) Re: Absolute paths in BFD

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Philippe De Muyter wrote:

> Alan Modra wrote :
> > Please add a comment in filename.h describing the purpose of IS_ABSOLUTE.
> > I stand by my assertion that a:zzz is not an absolute file name, but quite
> > accept that checking for a slash would be wrong, given the way IS_ABSOLUTE
> > is used.
>
> Why not change IS_ABSOLUTE into something else, like
> OK_TO_PREPEND_DIRECTORY_NAME or NEED_PREPENDED_DIRECTORY_NAME ?

I was going to suggest something like this, but like you, I couldn't
think of a suitably short name.  Seeing IS_ABSOLUTE in the body of the
code conveys it's intended function well enough.  It is only when someone
looks at the definition that they might become confused and think the
macro needs "fixing" to properly test for an absolute dos file.

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.