[Fwd: Solaris shared libs and the ".interp" section]

Does anybody know anything about this section, how it is
generated etc?  It seems to appear out of nowhere (ie it's
not a part of any library or object file that I've found),
and its contents is a string pointing to either /usr/lib/ld.so
or /usr/lib/libc.so.

GDB uses it to find out where to set the dynamic library
event breakpoint.  I'm trying to figure out where the
information comes from.

				Thanks,
				Michael