Execution Error or SREC error?

Greetings,

I was forwarded to you by Michael Meissner.
I am having a problem generating an executable for a MIPS R3000 processor. I
realize every thing I am about to explain does not pertain to you, but I
would like to give you the entire picture in case I am doing something wrong
that is blatantly obvious to you ....so here goes.

I am writing a fortran test program to run on a R3000 MIPS computer. The
following is the program and the process invovled in creating an SREC file.

Fortran Program
	> 			program hello>
	> 			end

Quite simple.

Process involved in creating a SREC file...this involves 3 computer systems,
plus the target processor.
____________________________
        SGI #1
|               SGI #2                                       |
SUN Unix              |         R3000
(Contains Fortran Compiler                                           |
(Contains GNU tools &                        |            Workstation
|       Processor
and Linker and No GNU tools)                                      |
no compiler/linker)                           |  (connected to R3000)     |
___________________________________________|________________________________
_|_____________________|_____________

Compile and Link fortran program:
F77 -mips -non_shared -c file.f
F77 -mips -non_shared -T 80020000 -o file file.o
I now have a file that is approx 500000 bytes.

Transfer to 2nd SGI machine:
Binary FTP 'file' to SGI #2

'file'now resides here.

Convert to SREC format:

mips-elf-objcopy -O file file.srec

I now have a file that is 750000 bytes

and each line is terminated with a ^M

Transfer to Sun workstation:

binary ftp 'file.srec' to Sun workstation.

'file.srec' resides here.

Download 'file.srec'

To R3000.

Execute file.

Error in execution.

I realize what I have here has a lot of variables, my concern is wether I am
converting this file to an SREC correctly and transfering it correctly!

Please help,....I hope this e-mail came across ok.....I tried to line up the
actions taken under each computer.

Basil D'Souza