Re: gprof copyright status ?

   Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:28:32 +0200
   From: Marc Espie <Marc.Espie@liafa.jussieu.fr>

   So far, my stance would be that BSD license files are still fair to use as
   is, and that I could import them into the OpenBSD tree without getting it
   encumbered with the GPL license.

I definitely don't want to get into licensing fights.  I just want to
point out that the current version of gprof in the GNU binutils
requires BFD, which is under the GPL.

Ian