Re: GAS port to PDP-10

Hi Lars,

: I have signed a one-year contract to port GAS (among other things) to
: the PDP-10 architecture running the TOPS-20 operating system.  The
: PDP-10 is a 36-bit word-addressed machine.  I have collected some
: PDP-10-related information at
:         http://pdp10.nocrew.org/
:
: The copyright of the port will be assigned to the FSF.  Would it seem
: to be possible/desirable to merge a PDP-10 port into GNU binutils?

It would certainly be both possible and desirable.  Please make sure
that your copyright assignment includes an assignment of your binutils
work.

: If there's anything I should have in mind to make this work usable
: to the developers and users of GNU binutils, please let me know.

Please try to follow the GNU Coding standards.  Also when you are
working with the BFD code, please try to avoid using static or global
variables.  If you need to share internal state information between
functions in your BFD code, try storing this information in the linker
hash table.  (see elf32-arm.h for an example of this).

Please have a read through the documentation files as well (bfd/doc,
ld/doc, gas/doc).  Some of them may be out of date, but they are still
useful to read.

Cheers
	Nick