Re: first release candidate for 2.10.1

   From: Philip Blundell <pb@futuretv.com>
   Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:36:55 +0000

   In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.1001102131949.16560D-100000@delta.ds2.pg.gda.pl>, "Ma
   ciej W. Rozycki" writes:
   > Hmm, the configure info pages are missing from etc -- only the standards
   >ones are present.  Is this intentional?

   Turns out the configure.info* files are simply not listed in ETC_SUPPORT in
   the toplevel Makefile.in; as far as I can tell this has always been the case.

   Ian, was this a deliberate omission or just an oversight?

I doubt I thought about it much.

It's not clear to me that the configure.texi or configure.info files
should be part of a binutils release, actually.  They don't have much
to do with the binutils, really, and they are available elsewhere.
The same goes for the standards files, in fact.  It made some small
amount of sense to include them before the proliferation of the World
Wide Web, but now there are many ways to easily find this sort of
documentation.

If you think the configure info pages do belong in a binutils release,
though, I won't object.

Ian