Re: A patch for default version and archive

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 11:53:34AM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I believe that what we are discussing here is whether users should be
> permitted to write references to specific versions in object files.
>
> Here is what I wrote, quoted above: ``Yes, but those references to
> open were written as references to open, not as references to open
> version GLIBC_2.0.''

It doesn't matter how it is written. It is an implementation detail.
The end result is the same, you get a versioned reference. In case of
DSOs, it is done by the linker. In case of regular objects, it is done
by the assembler via a special header file. In both cases, the source
codes before passing the C pre-processor look exactly the same.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)