Re: flex or lex required: typo in (source of) binutils/aclocal.m4

On Dec  7, 2000, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> wrote:

> Now, the source to the guilty aclocal.m4 seems to come from
> automake.

Yep.  IIRC, that was my fault :-(

> Meanwhile this local patch seems useful at least for releases and
> perhaps is

> ok to commit?

> 	* aclocal.m4: Remove quotes for "$missing_dir/missing flex".
> 	* configure: Regenerate.

Since aclocal.m4 is machine-generated itself, from acinclude.m4 and
m4 files in the automake installation tree, I'm afraid this won't help
much for the CVS tree.  We'd better switch to some automake
snapshot/release that doesn't have this problem.