equivalent for -M MAPFILE option of Solaris ld in GNU ld?

Hi!

I'm trying to migrate the compilation process of the
(research/teaching/toy) XINU-OS from Solaris to
GNU/Linux. At the moment I'm really stuck at the
linking step. XINU uses the "-M" option of the
Solaris linker to specify the binary layout (it has
nothing to do with the "-Map" option that outputs
a mapfile).

Some more infos:

This is how the mapfile XINU uses looks like:

# Xinu mapfile for Solaris ld
#-----------------------------

text    = LOAD ?RX V0x000;
text    : $PROGBITS ?A!W;
# end of mapfile

From solaris ld manpage:

 -M mapfile  Read mapfile as a text file of directives to ld.
             This option may be specified multiple times.  If
             mapfile is a directory then all  regular  files,
             as defined by stat(2), within the directory will
             be processed.  See Linker  and  Libraries  Guide
             for description of mapfiles.

For sco, I found this in their documentation:

http://uw7doc.sco.com/SDK_cprog/_Mapfile_Option_Defaults.html

This looks pretty similar to the solaris stuff, too. Anyway,
in the GNU ld documentation, the closest that I found was:

http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/docs-2.10/ld_3.html#SEC18

Any suggestions? (please reply off-list as I'm not subscribed)

thanks

Christian
--
#!/bin/bash
for i in `fdisk -l|grep -E "Win|DOS|FAT|NTFS"|awk\