Re: marking executables with LD_LIBRARY_PATH

In message <sik87m0xvp.fsf@daffy.airs.com>,   you write:
>> The choice to "relink" the objects is bad...(when they're not there).
>> I tried "relinking" the executable, it doesn't seem to do anything useful
>> (although its not making a carbon copy of the input -- but its the same size
> and
>> also runs with the right LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
>
>I'm not sure what you mean here.  Did you relink with a different
>--rpath option?

Yeah (its -rpath in ld).

If I don't have the objects "handy", its a pain to rebuild
the application.

I did something like:
1 :mleisner@valisk; ld -o gs.new2 gs-test --rpath ~/marty/lib/

That's really all I wanted to do...(I tried -rpath and --rpath).

Seems to me it should be reasonable for the linker to read in an
executable and write out an executable (or some other simple program).

marty