Re: Old PLT in elf64-alpha via ld --traditional-format?

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > I think you're going through a lot of effort to fix a bug
:  > in the wrong place.  If a user is going to upgrade binutils
:  > on an old system, they can upgrade ld.so at the same time.
:
: ...unless the user is releasing pre-compiled binary software for
: an older system, and needs the newer binutils for some other reason.

Well, you beat me to the punch on that one, but my other point was that
binutils 2.8.x shipped with the older PLT format, so there should be no
reason *not* to provide a compatibility switch.  I was probing to see if
--traditional-format would be appropriate for this kind of thing.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/