Re: new gas cannot grok new gcc output

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> The clue as to the source of the problem is that it's ELF specific.

A clue as to the fix required is the difference between the BFD_ASSEMBLER
form of md_apply_fix and the non-bfd form.  I believe to fix this
properly, without breaking required ELF behaviour, it's necessary for
md_apply_fix to modify *valp.  I've a vague reflection of doing this for
i386, but can't recall the details.

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.