Re: elflink.h -Bsymbolic change

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> Agreed. Alan, did you run "make check" on Linux/ia32 with glibc 2.2?
> Your change will cause ELF visibility failures :-). I knew it would
> be broken by some changes. That is why I added those tests. But the ELF
> protected visibility only works with glibc 2.2. Can we fix it please?

I assume this is directed to Alan, right?  The patch Hans-Peter
proposed seems to be correct so in fact it is already fixed once he
gets the OK to apply it.

> > some processor-specific meaning.  But since I'm not aware of any which
> > differs from STV_HIDDEN in this respect I think it's fine.
>
> I think it is ok: [...]

I basically agreed to this but you must be aware that psABIs could
potentially define extra semantics.  These would not be handled.  I
don't see this anywhere near so I'm OK with the change.