Re: elflink.h -Bsymbolic change

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 11:31:35AM +1000, Alan Modra wrote:

> Actually, I don't think it is correct.  Certainly, I shouldn't have forced
> the protected symbols local, but on the other hand they do need to lose
> their .plt entry, don't they?  Otherwise they won't be "protected" from
> the dynamic linker binding against some other symbol.  See attached patch

No, it is the job for the dynamic linker. I don't think you should
change PLT for protected. As far as the static linker is concerned,
a protected symbol is no difference from the default, global symbol.
The only thing the static linker has to is mark it protected so that
the dynamic linker can do the right thing.

H.J.