Re: Better handling of PIC suffixes in GAS expression parser

On 9 Apr 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Not only that.  My #definition of the hook also passes a pointer to
> c.  Perhaps they should be passed as pointers from the caller of the
> macro, instead of having the macro take the address of its arguments?

Please don't play horrible tricks with macros!.  Notice how I assumed you
were not allowing modification of input_pointer when I could only see the
call to the hook.  You ought to be able to just

#define md_parse_name  some_function_or_other

> Well, they'll at least need the enum and the pointer.

NULL pointer means something...  Which ought to remove the need for an
enum to just say "this is a symbol without fancy @GOT etc. relocations"

> Local syms are not exempt from the extra fields.  They're often
> referenced with @GOTOFF.

Sure, but a lot of local syms are just branch targets in code.

--
Alan Modra