Re: problems with --export-all-symbols option

problems with --export-all-symbols option
To: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
Subject: problems with --export-all-symbols option
From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at saght dot tessag dot com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:14:20 +0200

>Hi
>
> I like to use the --export-all-symbols option to create a dll with all
> symbols exported how I found in the online documentation.
> But this results in a linker failure, which says that some symbols
> "_[bss|data]_[start|end]__" not found.
> Additional in the resulting .a file the global variable is left.

Paul Sokolovsky has a patched ld (beta) for mingw that fixes these problems.
It (and diff file) is available from the mingw SourceForge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/
file download area.  His version links against a dll version of libbfd so you
will need the binaries/diff for that as well.

Danny

Danny

- Now showing: Dude Where's My Car, The Wedding Planner, Traffic..