Re: Wrong dynamic-linker used on Solaris 7/x86

>When we fixed gcc/binutils a few years ago, "gcc -v" no longer worked
>under Linux due to the assembler change. We fixed gcc and patched the
>specs file for the existing gcc. What is wrong with that? I doubt there
>are more Solaris/x86 using gcc today than Linux/x86 5 years ago.

Well, it's a slightly different situation: Solaris has a vendor-provided
linker, and if we want GNU ld to be a drop-in replacement for that linker it
has to use the same defaults.  Especially as Solaris ld doesn't apparently
accept the `--dynamic-linker' option, and GNU ld doesn't currently accept -I.

p.