win32 port of binutils.. help?

hi there..

I have ported binutils targetted at powerpc to win32... my problem is
that it doesn't seem able to read files...

e.g. if I create a library using ar.. then it builds the archive fine (even
correctly works out the symbol table, so it must be reading it somehow)
but after the archive headers...nothing.. it doesn't put in the source
file..

e.g. if I convert a binary file to an elf using objcopy, then it creates the
elf (correct elf symbol table, etc).. but the .data section is empty..

any ideas??

Thanks.