Re: What changed in ld?

>Very well. Here is some example code that performed flawlessly
>before, but causes a bus error whenever the "write" procedure
>is called. If I comment out the "section .bss" directive, it
>works, but wastes disk space as it allocates the buffers in the
>.data section instead of just reserving it in the .bss section:

Thanks, but a test in this form is not much use to me; I don't run FreeBSD,
and I don't have nasm.  For linker bugs you really need to provide an object
file, the output generated by the linker, and a detailed explanation of what
is wrong with the latter (e.g. "the destination for the CALL instruction at
0x666 is incorrect", or "the .frobozz section is missing from the output
file").  Simply reporting that your program crashes is not especially useful
since that might be caused by bugs in your code, or in the assembler you are
using, or in some library.

p.

PGP signature