Has ar a limit?

I am using ar to generate a library with a big .o file
(640kB).

The object is generated by gcc, and it works properly when
it is linked to the binary.

The .c file is obtained with f2cx from a FORTRAN file,
because g77 cannot compile too big COMMONs. The FORTRAN
file is a block data (no sentences in it).

ar produces a library with the object, but the binary
obtained linking with the library runs erratically, or
aborts.

I found the same problem with djgpp (2.03), Mingw32 (2.02),
and Linux.

I solved the problem linking with the .o file, but I am
interested in include it in a library.

Thanks by any explanation.

OPH. 2001-6-7 21:21

Ing. Orlando P. Hevia