Re: Patch: Updates on mips testcases

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 10:53:48PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> The code to do the fixing is in mips_output_conditional_branch, in
> mips.c, but the code that computes the lengths is in shorten_branches
> in final.c.  The actual lengths are attributes in the mips.md file.
> Most likely, it is the lengths that are wrong or missing for some
> instruction.

Oh!  Now that I look, it's obvious what's going on.

Sat Jun  5 12:11:24 1999  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

        * mips.h (mips_output_conditional_branch): New function.
        (mips_adjust_insn_length): Likewise.
        (ASSEMBLER_SCRATCH_REGNUM): New macro.
        (ADJUST_INSN_LENGTH): Likewise.
        * mips.c (print_operand): Add `F' and `W' for floating-point
        comparison opcodes.
        (machine_dependent_reorg): Adjust MIPS16 code; instruction-lengths
        are now in bytes.
        (mips_adjust_insn_length): New function.
        (mips_output_conditional_branch): New function.
        * mips.md (length): Adjust attribute definition to handle
        conditional branches.  Change lengths to bytes, rather than
        instructions throughout.  Remove length attribute from
        instructions whose length is four bytes, and rely on the default
        instead.
        (dslot): Fix typo in comment.
        Reword conditional branch patterns to use
        mips_output_conditional_branch.

That's really relatively recent.  I'd been using GCC 2.95.3 for MIPS,
with a few appropriate patches - as far as I can tell, 2.95.3 has no
equivalent code at all.  Right?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team