AW: status porting kde2 - ld crashes

Hi Nick
> Hi Ralf,
>
> > The current state on cpmpiling kde2 is, that kdesupport and kdecore are
> > compiled, but while compiling kdeui the linker crashes after
> consuming 390
> > MB RAM. I have looked in the source and found that it crashes in
> > bfd_find_target() (see below).
> >
> > Do you have any ideas, what I can do ?
>
> Presumably 'abfd' is NULL ?  bfd_find_target is not supposed to be
> called with a NULL bfd parameter so it is the caller's fault that this
> crash is happening.  Can you generate a stack backtrace for the even
> and find out who the parents and grandparents are ?
>
> It certainly sounds like a memory exhaustion problem, possibly from an
> inifinite loop somewhere, so maybe the stack backtrace will show this
> up as well.

it is a memory exhaustion problem.
I have recognized currently that in an run xmalloc is called from
pe_walk.._symbols and in xmalloc the application is canceld because of
returning null pointer.
The problem is that in this fault case the whole cygwin doesn't work, that
means another bash shells hangs.

Regards